A very special activity for families visiting Barcelona with children. From learning the history of the city to tasting local sweets, meeting the Giants of the neighbourhoods and finding out about our culture, this is an action packed tour for the young ones.
- 2.5 hours option
- 3 hours option (with a stop for chocolate & churros. Food/drinks/chocolate not included)
- Prices are per tour, not per person
- Up to 7 people:
- 2.5 hour tour: € 170*
- 3 hour tour: € 200*
- 8 to 15 people:
- 2.5 hour tour: € 195*
- 3 hour tour: € 225*
- More than 15 people: contact us
(*) Price does not include food/drinks on the chocolate & churros 3 hour tour. An additional voluntary donation of €1 per person is recommended for the Giants Museum, a small local project
Via Laietana, outside metro Jaume I (in front of Hotel Suizo).
We can also collect you at your hotel if it is located in the Old City.More details +
Plaça de l’Angel / Plaça Sant Jaume / Roman Temple / Medieval Plaça del Rei / Barcelona Cathedral / Giants Museum / Roman wall / Plaça del Pi / Candy storeMore details +
INFORMATIVE, INTERACTIVE AND FUN!
"Private tour with Tati, she was great, always had a smile on her face, very interactive with our two boys 6&9 years old. A mix of history, pictures, imagination, role play and education" Read on Trip Advisor
ENGAGING KIDS IN CITY BREAKS
"I highly recommend Runner Bean Tours and in particular the private tour to ensure you get something tailored to you!! The most relaxing, fun and educational tour for families." Read on Trip Advisor
"Ann-Marie was very well organized, really good with the kids (and parents ;-) and made learning about history fun & entertaining. Walking for over three hours was no issue with the kids as there were many stops and things to see." Read on Trip Advisor
Via Laietana, outside metro Jaume I
(in front of Hotel Suizo)
We can also collect you at your hotel if it is not too far from the attractions.
How to get to the meeting point
Nearest metro stop: Jaume I (L4). Take the the exit named “Sortida: Plaça de l’Angel” and look for the Hotel Suizo on the square.
How to find the guide
Your friendly guide will be waiting at the entrance of Hotel Suizo wearing a bright green vest and a name tag.
OUR LOCAL SHOPS AND TREATS
Follow your guide into traditional old shops trying treats like tasty candy or Christmas desserts while learning all about them. We include the oldest shop of Barcelona and you’ll have to guess what they sell.
THE ANCIENT ROMAN CITY
Have fun doing word search to find the Roman name of the city, marvel at the old fortified wall standing since the 3rd century and use our activity book to solve the mystery of the ancient temple.
WHERE THE PRESIDENT WORKS
Let’s go to the heart of power in Barcelona. Hear the fantastic legend of our patron saint and see if you can spot him in the square. Find out where the president and major work while learning about the flags of the city.
AMAZING GIANTS MUSEUM
Hold on to your hats! Let’s visit a hidden cultural gem where Giants and beasts come alive. Learn about the different giants and the roles they play during Barcelona’s festivals. Maybe dad is as tall as them?
THE MEDIEVAL KING'S SQUARE
Ferdinand and Isabella, here we come. This is where we can use our imagination and become kings, queens, princess and princesses re-enacting the stories that helped shape the city. Step into our time machine!
- Once we confirm availability for the tour we will send an invoice for the payment to your email address through our bank’s online secure payment system.
- The tour can be extended to 4 hours to include lunch at a local restaurant where the guide can sit down and give advice and help with the rest of your stay.
- Includes activity book which children will fill out during the tour.
- Prices does not include food or drinks if applicable.
Cancellation policy for the tour:
- Full refund for tours cancelled more than 72 hours before the scheduled starting time.
- No refunds for tours cancelled less than 72 hours before the scheduled starting time or for no shows.
- In the case of heavy rain the tour will run as usual so please bring suitable rain gear.